Tuesday, April 17, 2012

April 17, 2012

we made jalapeno cheese bread today...liked the recipe from allrecipes.com but we basically changed almost the whole thing....will do some things differently the next time we make it....

Jalapeno Cheese Bread:
4 cups flour
4 cups cheddar cheese
1 cup jalapeno peppers sliced (we used canned ones from our garden last year)
4 Tbsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup hot water (110 degrees)
3 3/8 tsp yeast
2 Tbsp vegetable oil

combine the water, yeast and 1 Tbsp of sugar....stir and let sit about 10 minutes

in my kitchen aid I combined the flour, jalapenos, cheese, rest of the sugar, salt and mixed it well

then add the oil into the the liquid mixture....pour into the bowl a bit at a time until and mix until the dough comes off the side.....knead in the mixer for 10 minutes


place dough in a large greased bowl and let stand until double..about an hour...punch dough down and divide into 2 portions.....I didn't do this....I put the entire batch on my pizza stone to rise again for about an hour.....next time I would divide it into 2 portions for sure.



after it has risen again to double...heat the oven to 325 degrees and bake for about 1 hour or until it is dark brown.....and it does become darker than I was used to seeing for bread....Ross said that it tasted great though....I cut off the ends so you can see.....next time I will use chunks of cheese instead of shredded and I will use this same recipe to make 2 loaves...outside of that it worked well!!!!


we had baked potatoes and salads for dinner.

Pleasant Dreams!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment