Tuesday, March 13, 2012

March 13, 2012

still working upstairs on the landing......should take about a month to complete.....but it will be so nice when it is finished.......lost power to all the outlets on the south wall of the kitchen.....not sure what has happened.....ross will investigate more tomorrow.

we had leftovers for dinner but wanted to try a new dessert....I picked my moms peach cobbler.....ok...full disclosure.....I said I would post the good, the bad and the ugly......well clearly....I wrote the recipe down incorrectly......so I will check with mom tomorrow and find out what i had wrong...for sure the cinnamon is 2 tsp....not 2 Tbsp...I didn't remember hers being so brown...i will post the recipe that I used with the corrections i think need to be made and make other changes if needed......regardless.....it tastes GREAT....just looks really dark with intense cinnamon flavor! lol

Mom's Peach Cobbler:
1 large can of peaches
1 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
3 - 4 Tbsp flour

heat the peaches, sugar, cinnamon and flour on the stove until it thickens....I made a regular pie crust and put it on the bottom of the dish ( i used an 8 x8...which was wrong...should have been a 9 x 13...not so deep ) and kept the extra dough to decorate the top.....I have seen the crust used just on the top as well....pour peaches into the dish and bake at 375 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes



a little extra sugar on top before it goes into the oven


good thing we LOVE cinnamon


Pleasant Dreams!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment