Saturday, August 4, 2012

August 4, 2012

hit 95+ again ....crazy hot day.....bad storms on radar.....
we got MAYBE a tenth of an inch of rain...
I really don't know how to turn this bubble off over the farm...so the rain will come again!!!

very productive day....we started with getting the sauerkraut into the
fermentation crock....

( I took several step by step pictures showing how this is done and then accidentally deleted them
all off the camera this evening) ....so all I can show you this time is the crock....


basically.....you cut up the cabbage and put a layer of it in the crock....put some salt over it and then mash it down, repeat this until the crock is full....put the weights on the top and then put it in a cool place for 6 - 7 weeks and you have sauerkraut......when we do the next batch...we will take pictures again and I promise I will be more careful not to delete them.

we also did 16 jars of Strawberry Preserves.....I deleted all of these pictures as well....
here is the picture of them finished on the counter...recipe on January 28, 2012

7 pints and 9 half-pints


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

too frustrated with myself to watch the Olympics....

Go Team USA!!!

Pleasant Dreams!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment