Monday, August 6, 2012

August 6, 2012

pleasant day temperature wise today....still no rain in the forecast.

took my car into the body shop this morning to get all of the dents and dings taken care
of ....should see it in a week....just like brand new!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Thanks for sending this picture Cousins Ron Stevens & Cindy Smith....taken in 1950 on the front steps of Stone Church in Pennsylvania....as best as i can tell it is the only picture that I have every seen of my 2 sets of Great Grandparents together.....the Albert & Alice Millers and the George & Annette Eyers...

I don't know everyone....my dad is the young man in the front....my aunt Carol and June are in front of my Grandma Dottie Eyer Miller.....Great Grandma Eyer has her hands on my dad.....her husband is to her left and Great Grandma Alice is to her right......Great Grandpa Bert is next to Alice.....then go up to the man that is holding the baby....that is my Grandpa Allen O Miller and he is holding my Uncle Dave.... Cousin Ron is directly behind them in the sailor cap...not sure who everyone else is...but I am sure we are related!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Great Grandpa Bert's financial diary for August 1912....
what they sold or earned for income:
29 lbs of butter = $8.06
132 1/2 dozen eggs = $35.56
2 bushel potatoes = $1.50
17 qts of milk = $1.00
47 lbs of lard = $5.64
34 1/4 lb shoulder (picnic ham) = $3.77
cement bags = $.40
so $55.93 came in

what they purchased or paid:
groceries (not specific) = $3.32
 feed  = $13.23
baker = $1.25
teaman = $.15
preacher man - Mr. = $2.00
shoes - Mr. = $2.25
shoes - Mrs. = $2.50
shirt & stockings - Mr. = $1.85
corset & skirt = $1.50
phone tickets = $.35
cement = $3.02
pump = $3.98
1160 lbs coal = $2.55
picnic farmers = $.20
so $38.15 went out
couple of things....not sure what the picnic farmers expense of 20 cents is.....and ....all of the
clothes are in preparation for their first picture with their son (my grandpa).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Olympic News.....

favorite quote.......from Oscar Pistorius of South Africa....he said " my mum told my brother to put
on his shoes and told me to put on my legs and that was the end of the disability"  LOVE IT!!!

GO Team USA!!!

Pleasant Dreams!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment