Thursday, January 12, 2012

January 12, 2012

Had beef stirfry for dinner......we used green peppers that were frozen from the garden this past summer....they were excellent.

got a couple of questions about my post last night...so I did some research on the TEA MAN...I found out that Tea was sold door to door in the early 1900's....oddly enough my searches kept taking me to a guy named KROGER...like the grocery store....I also found out that in the early 1900's they had a bakery and a meat department in their grocery stores.....I always thought that came a lot later....learn something new everyday!

I also did and Ancestry.com search on Alvin Morey.....he pops up on my great-grandpas journal every month...being paid $1.00.....I found him in Pennyslvania...he would have been 30 years old in 1912....I will go to the 1910 census and see if it lists his occupation...more to come on Mr Morey.

I made a sandwich bread recipe in the 12 inch long loaf pan tonight...it didn't come out very good...very crumbly.....I used wheat flour, but the recipe called for white flour......I will try it again soon and let you know what I find out. We will try tomorrow morning to use it for toast....if it doesn't hold up, it will make great breadcrumbs.

Pleasant Dreams!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment