Monday, February 20, 2012

February 20,2012

I am still trying to figure out this BLOG thing...

I now know how to add pictures....so I have edited most of the posts to reflect the pictures we took.

Tonight we had hamburgers on the grill and a chef salad.

Ross suggested that I make bigger hamburger buns than I made last time...so I found a new recipe....gave it a try....changed a couple of things....and we loved it!!!

BIG Hamburger Buns :
1 cup lukewarm water
2 Tbsp butter
1 large egg
3 1/2 cups Flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp instant yeast
3 Tbsp melted butter (for on top of buns)

Mix water, yeast and butter together ...set aside...in your mixing bowl...mix sugar, salt and flour together add in egg and then gradually add in your liquid....knead to make a soft, smooth dough.

Cover the dough, and let it rise for 1 to 2 hours or until it has doubled in size......I use the oven trick now for all my rising......heat the oven to 200 degrees while you are putting all the ingredients together....when it gets to temperature turn it off......place your bowl with the dough in it in the oven and cover.

Divide dough into 8 pieces. Shape each piece into a round ball; flatten to about 3" across. Place the buns on a lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheet, cover, and let rise for about an hour, until noticeably puffy......I do the oven trick again for this.

Brush the bun tops with melted butter....bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 15 to 18 minutes, until golden. Remove them from the oven, and brush with the remaining melted butter. Turn onto a wire rack to cool.



Pleasant Dreams!!!

2 comments:

  1. I hate looking at this site ... their food is always better that what I am eating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are welcome to come up anytime brother Tim.....we love cooking for you!!!

      Delete