Saturday, May 12, 2012

May 12, 2012

working on lots of little projects around the farm..gotta love saturdays

Today is our nephew Brad's Birthday....Hope you enjoyed your day!!!

 had a fly by this morning on the way to do chicken chores....I always keep a camera on me..
it is still early for the hummingbirds...in a couple of weeks we will have a dozen of them going back and forth from the front of the house to the office to feed.....I will refill the feeders twice a week.


wanted to have sausage and egg biscuits for breakfast....but I didn't want to have the flat baking powder ones.....I used my yeast recipe...got up early because anything with yeast is going to take a couple of hours to prepare....but this way they would be BIG, FLAKY biscuits

Buttermilk Biscuits: (yeast)
1 Tbsp yeast
1/4 cup warm water (110 degrees)
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup buttermilk

put yeast and water together ....set aside....in your bowl mix all dry ingredients....cut in the shortening with your pastry knife ....stir in yeast and buttermilk...mix until all flour is wet....cover bowl to rise...at least an hour but longer is fine too...the dough will be sticky


after it has risen turn onto a well floured surface...knead lightly about 5 times...roll to desired height and cut



place them on a greased pan and let them rise again....I only did 15 minutes....because we were really hungry :) ...next time I will go 30 minutes



bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.....turn onto wire rack....brush with butter on top


finished product....GREAT breakfast!!!




a couple of weeks ago, a gal from church had a PAMPERED CHEF party...I couldn't go but I ordered some stuff on-line.....I have several pans and a thermometer from them ...but today I used the 3 things i just bought and I must give them a BIG shout out......gotta love PAMPERED CHEF!!!

the biscuit cutter assortment...the brush....and the super cool spray bottle.....we fill it with our oil and you no longer have to pay $4 for a bottle of PAM spray.

we had chicken breast on the grill, salad and applesauce for dinner!!!

Pleasant Dreams!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment