Wednesday, May 23, 2012

May 23, 2012

I have been going through my Uncle Daves genealogy boxes in preparation for our trip to Pennsylvania in June.....found a few documents I would like to share....

in celebration of the school year coming to an end....here is my great grandmas Alice Mable Ott's school report card form 1893-1894...look at the list of classes...she was a good student...she got several 100's.


here is my great grandparents marriage certificate ... Elbert Austin Miller and Alice Mable Ott ...look at the questions that were asked.....very interesting....this is from 1902 so we can see what was important 110 years ago.


My great grandma's birthday was January 30,1881...I found this letter from the White House.....apparently my Grandpa (her son) Allen Ott Miller....sent a letter to the white house letting them know that his mom shared the same birthday as President Franklin Delano Roosevelt....this letter was sent back to her...just amazing!



what an incredible HISTORY journey this has been....I am loving every minute of it!!!

Pleasant Dreams!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment