Friday, June 15, 2012

June 15, 2012

back to Living off the Land......today is our granddaughter Sophia Grace Valentine's 6th Birthday and our nephew David Squires Miller's 18th birthday...hope you both had an amazing day !!!!

started the day making mayonnaise so I could make some more salad dressings....Mayo recipe on April 21st, 2012.....then made some 1000 island....recipe on April 21st, 2012....and then a NEW Ranch recipe.

Ranch Dressing: (this one tasted more like Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing)
1 cup Mayo
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp dried chives
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp dried dill weed
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp salt
splash of milk

put it all in a bowl and whisk together.....refrigerate for several hours before use....tasted yummy!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

we have this cedar tree in the front yard.....we planted peppers around it this year...do you see the hole?


last night while we were sitting on the porch....pouncer the cat/dog....runs up the tree like a lumberjack ....


I couldn't tell what he was doing until I got closer and saw that he was fishes the baby birdies out of the hole..


it's not like we don't feed him....he must have just had a taste for bird....he loves chipmunks and rabbits too.....yes...I said rabbits......I don't think he has ever brought us a mouse.....way too small for him... lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday Night is Pizza Night

made the usual for Ross.....pepperoni, ham, bacon, green pepper and mushroom.....and my usual with a twist......I love hamburger pizza....but tonight I made bread sticks out of the other half....I used a mixture of 3 Tbsp of melted butter, 1 tsp of garlic powder and brushed that all over the dough side....sprinkled it with Italian pizza seasoning and put it in the oven at 400 degrees...


after about 10 minutes...I take it out....add the cheese on top...about 10 more minutes and its dinner!!!


Pleasant Dreams!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment